Scholarships at the Latin American Centre
The Latin American Centre offers a number of part and full scholarships to attract the very strongest students who would otherwise not be able to come and study in Oxford. To be considered for any of these scholarships we encourage applicants to apply by the January deadline. These are all highly competitive, and require high quality well-crafted research proposals. With the exception of ESRC studentships, you do not have to apply separately for any of these awards.
- For: UK residents (check ESRC criteria). A Masters-to-DPhil scholarship for students who are committed to pursue doctoral study at Oxford. Applications for ESRC studentships are made via the relevant department.
- Courses: MSc Latin American Studies, MPhil Latin American Studies.
- Covers: LAC Tuition Fee + College Fee.
- Deadline to apply: The deadline for applications is usually January each year.
- For: Residents of Costa Rica.
- Courses: MSc Latin American Studies.
- Value: £12,000 (non-renewable).
- Deadline to apply: 25 January 2019.
- For: Nationals or Residents of Argentina.
- Courses: MSc and MPhil Latin American Studies.
- Covers: £12,000 (non-renewable).
- Deadline to apply: 25 January 2019.
St Cross College invites applications for two MPhil Scholarships from students who will begin studying at the University of Oxford in the academic year 2019-2020 for an MPhil degree in any of the humanities and social science disciplines or for the BPhil degree in Philosophy.
- Applicants must list St Cross College as their first choice college on their Graduate Admissions application in order to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
- Covers: The Scholarships each have a value of £4,000 per annum and are each tenable for two years coterminous with college fee liability. The Scholarship is tenable at St Cross College only.
- Deadline to apply: 8 March 2019.
- For more information and an application form for the MPhil Scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences, please visit: St Cross College
Fieldwork Travel Grants
The MPhil Latin American Studies is a twenty-one-month programme which spans six academic terms, plus fieldwork research in Latin America, for up to 3 months, carried out in between the first and second academic year. Students are strongly encouraged to seek funding to cover the expenses of their fieldwork. As a student of the Latin American Centre, students are eligible to apply to one of the following fieldwork funding opportunities:
- For: Current LAC MPhil Students. These awards are to enable students to travel and conduct fieldwork to Sandander Network countries (Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Germany, Ghana, Korea, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and USA). For more information please visit Santander Academic Travel Awards.
- Deadline to apply: Please see Santander Academic Travel Awards for the latest information.
- For: Current On-Course Graduate Students at Oxford.
- Courses: Any postgraduate course at Oxford University.
- Value: At discretion of fund committee.
- Deadline to apply: Monday of Week 2 in Michaelmas, Hilary or Trinity Term.
Latin American Centre MPhil Fieldwork Travel Grant
- For: Current On-Course Graduate Students at the Latin American Centre.
- Courses: MPhil in Latin American Studies.
- Value: At discretion of fund committee, up to £1,000.
- Deadline to apply for LAC MPhil Fieldwork Travel Grants: Thursday Week 0 Trinity Term.
- How to Apply: Submit a research proposal, budget and cover letter by email to the LAC Administrator by the deadline.
There are many more scholarships available for study at Oxford. To find out what funding you are eligible for, please use the University ‘Fees, Funding and Scholarship Search Tool’.