Carlos de Sola Wright Memorial Fund
The Carlos de Sola Wright Memorial Fund considers applications for financial assistance to fund fieldwork-related expenses from postgraduate students at Oxford whose research or study may be considered likely to further the advancement or welfare of the people of Central America (for the purpose of the fund Mexico is not regarded as part of Central America). Priority will be given to research or study concerning El Salvador. Please note the Carlos de Sola Wright Memorial Fund will not fund tuition/college fees nor living expenses.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates should send the following documents by email/internal post to the LAC Administrator, Latin American Centre, St Antony's College, Oxford OX2 6JF. Applications should arrive by Monday of Week 2 of each term:
- A completed Carlos de Sola Wright Application Form (found at the bottom)
- A letter of support from the student's supervisor
- A curriculum vitae
- A summary of not more than 500 words of the student's research
- A covering letter stating the subject of the thesis, and whether the student holds a State award and if so, what steps have been taken to claim additional expenses and with what result. If the applicant does not hold a State award, how he or she is at present supported.
It is hoped to make known the results of applications within 3 weeks of the application.