£9,000 Scholarship for Residents of Costa Rica
The Ronaldo Falconer Scholarship is open to young persons who are residents of Costa Rica of whatever nationality, race or creed. It is awarded and wholly financed by the Ronaldo Falconer Charity, a private independent charity founded under the will of Ronaldo Falconer (1895-1973).
Ronaldo Falconer was a British national who, during his life, established and maintained close links with Costa Rica, becoming a citizen of Costa Rica in 1919. He later served as Honorary Consul for Costa Rica in Europe, and on his death made provision in his Will for the establishment of the charity.
- Applications for the Ronaldo Falconer Scholarship are invited from residents of Costa Rica who are qualified to undertake postgraduate study and research at the University of Oxford. The award is not normally made to persons who are over 30 years old.
- One scholarship of £9,000 is available for the 2013/14 academic year to study for the MSc in Latin American Studies, taught by the Latin American Centre.
The successful candidate will normally be based at St Antony's College, University of Oxford, which specialises in advanced study and research in the fields of Latin American history, politics, economics, and sociology. Candidates must have fulfilled the University's English Language requirements. Please see the course guide for more information.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application for the MSc in Latin American Studies at the University of Oxford. You should apply in either admissions deadline for 2013/14 (Friday 18th January 2013 or Friday 8th March 2013) and specify St Antony's as your first choice of college.
- Complete the application form for the Ronaldo Falconer Scholarship and email it to the LAC Administrator no later than Friday 8th March 2013.
- Your application will be considered by the Ronaldo Falconer Selection Committee based at the LAC. The successful candidate will be notified once they have received an official offer to study on the MSc in Latin American Studies. It is hoped to publish the result by 1st June 2013. Incomplete applications, or applications not submitted by the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.